Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Decent Exposure

I think it's safe to say that I've never taken my boobs out at work before. So today was a first on several fronts – first day back after my leave, first time exposing my ta-tas in an office setting. It was more than surreal sitting there in the tiny server room, computer fans humming over the sound of my pump, as I whipped up my shirt and stuck the suction cups on.

If I'd allowed myself to imagine (I was too frightened) what this would feel like several months ago while I was still pregnant, I wouldn't have believed I was capable of it. It's amazing what you'll do, without thinking twice, for your baby.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I hope work is going well. I pumped when I went back to work after having Phoebe and it was too funny to think about the same thing.

Amanda said...

Girl, tell me about it.

I'm lucky enough to have an office with a door, but I asked my boss for a lock and was denied. So I live in fear of someone walking in (even though I put a sign up). But really, since I'm planning on doing this for at least a year, it seems like a $15 lock (hell, I would have bought it myself if they would just let me have one) would be a good investment.

anofferingoflove said...

yeah, pulling up your shirt and down your bra in the office for the first time is sooo weird!! are you able to do something relaxing while you pump?

Michelle said...

I hope your day is going well. It must be totally weird. But definitely worth it! :)

Jamie said...

Something about childbirth and 3+ years of strangers and various fertility equipment between my legs left me without a shred of modesty. Go figure.

I hope your first week back went well!