Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Postcard from the Bell Jar

Greetings from the saddest place I've been. It pretty much sucks and I don't wish you were here -- wouldn't wish this on anyone -- but I have discovered a few perks:

-I can indulge in nonstop emotional eating and still somehow lose weight. Is it nerves? Calories burned by nonstop crying? Who cares?
-My getting ready time in the morning has been cut significantly by my general lack of giving a damn what I look like.
-Similarly, I'm perfecting the whole Mary Kate Olsen vagabond look.
-I am acquiring a newfound understanding of the range of mind-numbing and often disgusting programming options (note to self: avoid the Discovery Channel at all costs) available on cable television.
-In a moment of economic crisis in our country, I am singlehandedly boosting the stock prices of companies that make Kleenex, Aleve, those stick-on headache patch thingys, wine, chocolate and refined (so not PCOS-approved) carb products.

So I guess every cloud really does have a silver lining. Which is good, because I've been here a few days and I don't yet see a way out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BIG hugs. I'm thinking of you.

kirke said...

I hope you're feeling better. So sorry this has to suck so much.

kirke said...

Hey - Thanks for stopping by today. It helps knowing that someone else had similar symptoms w/ Clo.mid.

I didn't really like it all that much anyway :)

Hope you are having better days!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have definitely been here (although I have to admit that my emotional eating pretty much never leads to weight loss), and even if you can't see your way out now, there is a way out. You will get to a better and more hopeful place-- unfortunately, this place is one part of the ride as well. I have faith that you will have your baby. 5 minutes at a time . . .