Monday, December 01, 2008

Test. Worry. Repeat.

Some early pregnancies go like this: blood test, yay! we're pregnant, let's start planning the nursery. Mine, so far, has gone like this: blood test, euphoria, anxiety. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Still, I am encouraged by yesterday's result: 622, again nearly doubling from two days before. Apparently I need to keep going in until I reach a beta of over 1,000, at which point we can do an early ultrasound. So hopefully, hopefully with tomorrow's beta I can officially be done with this every-other-day blood draw exercise. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Heather said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad to see the doubling time. I hope you get to see a nice ultrasound soon.

sara said...

I'm sorry you have had to do so much of this testing crap, but I figure you are just earning good karma for a really easy pregnancy!!